Friday, December 3, 2010

Wolf Mountain

Here I am again looking for more winter fun for you. I had such a great time at Wolf Mountain the past few years, I went back to check it out.

I stopped by the PeachTree Resort Lodge and found the manager there along with some people relaxing by the fire. I asked if anything was new. Oh yes! There is so much fun there! You can look for your favorite sport on the mountain or down below.

One of the first things I checked out was the ski lift ride to the top of the mountain. At the top I found skis and also a winter sledge waiting. There is also a snow tube if you like to be really close to the snow as you travel down the steep slope. I tried that out since I have skied there before and also sledded. That hill is fun for all the types of downhill so try each one and hope you make it down better than I did!

When I reached the bottom again, I decided to take a sleigh that was waiting next to the ski lift. That is a delight, but takes some work to control that horse. I stopped off at the chapel already decorated in festive red for the holidays. It looked as if there had been a wedding lately.

At the bottom of the hill is a lovely skating pond. Just don't hit the old gent who is ice fishing. Looking around a bit more, I found a ski board with special boots and went barreling down the hillside doing tricks as I went. Another exercise in control! A balloon ride takes you for a tour of the all the sims. That can be found at the skating pond.

I love Wolf Mountain and the owner Peach Fizz is always helpful as are her employees. Go enjoy and I did not tell you all the experiences you can have there. A 20+ minute balloon ride over the 7 sims will give you an idea of many of the activities you can enjoy there. Grab a bag of popcorn and go.

Start here at the entrance to the lodge: PeachTree Resort (52, 44, 33).

No comments:

Post a Comment